As the Workshop Supervisor, you will:
• Present yourself for work on time and in a fit and proper state in accordance with your duty of care.
• Conducting vehicle maintenance/repairs and maintaining high housekeeping standards in work areas.
• Report and action all incidents immediately.
• Report and action all hazards in the workplace immediately.
• Be committed to achieving “No Injuries Environment” work environment and making sure Safety is first priority in all aspects of workshop operations.
• Hands-on mechanical work and ensuring the on-time completion of scheduled work.
• Ensure the safety and welfare of all personnel, machinery and all company property is of top priority.
• Maintain control and supervision of all maintenance/repair personnel on site.
• Record all labour repair schedulers and job card on Navision software.
• Record all road call breakdowns in the appropriate register and action those that fall below the MTBF.
• Coordinate, plan, schedule and implement all maintenance programs to best achieve and maintain the mechanical availability targets for all vehicles and equipment.
• Carry out regular inspections on assigned jobs and impart training wherever required.
• Ensure parts ordered are tracked for fitment and all old parts are scrutinised for a timely delivery for both scheduled and unscheduled work.
• Ensure enough labour on site to meet work requirements and request labour as required.
• Monitor and report on the condition of all vehicles and equipment to the Workshop Manager/ Superintendent.
• Ensure all oil samples are filled out and sent away for analysis.
• Oversee the recording control of fuel and lubricant stocks and consumption.
• Be a technical expert and advisor to the team and a key decision maker in the repair process.
• Managing the repair strategy and the coordination of parts support
Relevant and extensive operation - The successful candidate will be an experienced Supervisor light or heavy vehicle with a strong mechanical background having worked in a similar workshop environment. You will a diagnostic expert, possess demonstrated leadership skills in driving a results focused culture and are a highly proficient in your computer literacy. A commitment to safety and providing world class customer service are also essential to this role.
• l experience in a maintenance environment
• Proven supervisory experience
• Sound computer skills – Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must hold a valid bus and truck/lorry licence.