technical support officer
more than 60 days ago
• Handle requests for assistance or problem reports from users internal and external.
• Obtain necessary information from users to adequately describe requests or problem reports.
• Analyze, manage requests and liaise with the appropriate parties to ensure requests and problems are handled correctly.
• Provide support to customers locally and internationally, remotely and on-site.
• Participate in the evolution of existing products.
• Provide in-house expertise and technical support to end-users on database and software-related issues.
• Work collaboratively with project teams to ensure the successful delivery of solutions, identify issues/risks, and adjust to shifting priorities while maintaining project pace/schedule.
• Be available to work some evenings and occasional weekends to support staff and customers as and when needed.
• Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various systems
• Ability to create and maintain good functional and technical documentation
• Available for travel overseas for onsite implementation, support and training
Experience and Qualifications:
• Degree/Diploma in IT, Computer Science or a related field
• Minimum 3 years working experience in an IT environment, specifically in a software development environment
• Proven on site customer support experience
• Good SQL knowledge is required
• Good Knowledge of virtualization technology
• Linux knowledge is required
• Database and Server management, including the ability to setup servers, both Linux and Windows based
• Knowledge of programming languages is optional, but highly recommended
• Familiarity with the .NET platform would be an advantage
• Solid understanding of networking including routers, switches, ports, VPN and remote access technology
• Knowledge of POS/EFT systems, and the payment card industry in general would be a definite advantage
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks and work with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Customer focused with a high degree of responsiveness
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to frequently changing situations
• Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse groups
• Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing and implementing skills which allows the successful completion of a project by a specific due date
• Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations
• Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation