We need a Software Engineer who will be integral in providing input into the technical development (java, C++) of software solutions needed to help the local consulting team and meet our European client’s requirements.
The role responsibilities are broad and diverse, but the following are some of the key responsibilities:
• Take technical ownership and be the leader in delivering software applications;
• Involvement in full software development cycle including analysis requirement, design, coding and testing;
• Developing a good understanding of work allocated for the successful delivery within allocated time frames;
• Follow defined coding standards and development guidelines and to have input into these standards as and when required;
• Perform complete testing of developed work to reduce follow-up requests and bug fixes;
• Continually learn and enhance programming skills to improve development turn-around time frames and make a positive impact within the project environment.
To really succeed and standout in the role and to grow as the Mauritian team and the business grow, you will need to bring with you a can-do attitude, a great personality and a range of software development skills and credentials. But to really succeed you need to:
• Have 2-5 years’ working experience in software development;
• Demonstrate a strong background in algorithm, data-structure and databases where candidate is able to analyse and solve technical problem;
• Have knowledge in any structural programming language or object-oriented programming language, candidate must be prepared to code in C++ and Java amongst others;
• Good written and oral communication skills in English with French being beneficial;
• Have a great can-do attitude and be prepared to work to reach your goals;