senior compliance administrator
posted 3 days ago
The responsibilities and requirements include:
- Ensures all external regulatory frameworks translated into compliance policies are implemented.
- Has knowledge of government laws and regulations affecting the company’s business area, and ability to interpret laws and regulations in light of operations.
- In conjunction with top line managers and potentially the executive Board, agrees upon compliance policy and processes that adequately meet the needs of the organization or specific business in the organisation.
- Encourages appropriate compliance behavior and culture by effective communication and dissemination of compliance strategy, policy, and processes.
- Integrates organization compliance and insurance strategies by developing strong line management and other relationships within the organization and creating significant influence on other compliance appointments around the organization.
- Provides developmental training and activities to compliance staff.
- Works with the managers and board on designing and executing compliance processes within reasonable cost and risk parameters to meet the compliance policy set by the Board and top management.
- Implements appropriate risk identification and measurement methodologies.
- Acts as liaison with department managers to communicate compliance requirements and ensure implementation of related policies, procedures, and training programs.
- Integrates the organization ' s compliance strategies by developing strong line management and other relationships within the organization.
- In organizations with centralized compliance, this may entail business unit relationship management.
- May serve as the primary information contact for state regulatory agency examiners.
- Ensures timely filing of regulatory reports.
- May supervise compliance auditors and provides guidance to other auditors assigned to compliance-related projects.