Riviere du Rempart
more than 60 days ago
Provides financial information to management by researching and analysing accounting data preparing reports.
A description of the main duties and responsibilities, however not exhaustive, is detailed below:
• Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
• Ensure that all statutory filings VAT,PAYE,NPF/NSF are done on time on MNS
• Manage, supervise and constantly train junior staff members
• Ensure that day to day processing is done timeously, monthly bank reconciliations are done, provisions are raised, prepayments are monitored
• Ensure that all Fixed Asset Register is kept up to date at all time and proper depreciation is posted on a monthly basis
• Produce management accounts
• Develop and manage revenue recognition models
• Develop and manage project profitability and WIP monitoring models
• Develop Project Management Reporting
• Report on Profit and Loss - monitoring profitability and investigating/analysing build variances identified
• Provide insight to budget and forecast variances via regular Management Report schedules
• Oversee the calculation and processing of asset transfers
• Oversee the calculation and processing absorption journals
• Oversee the processing of capital accruals
• Oversee month end reconciliations, including but not limited to balance sheet reconciliations for relevant companies most significantly WIP, including reconciliation of WIP Ledger to project ledger
• Oversee all other month end process, such as depreciation for example.
• Oversee the preparation of weekly/monthly packs for the board
• Manage direct reports and guide accounting clerical staff, ensuring developmental needs are identified and met.
• ACCA or ACCA member
• At least 5 years post membership experience
• Experience in the construction industry would be beneficial
• Audit experience preferably in a large firm, or audit experience gained abroad.
• Good in depth knowledge of IFRS and changes happening in the field
• Previously held a position as Management Accountant producing Management Accounts for the Board as well as ensuring all statutory returns are filed in a timely manner
• Able to produce Statutory Accounts for year end audit including notes to the accounts
• Knowledge of Mauritian laws and regulations surrounding taxes VAT, TDS, PAYE, NPF/NSF, Corporate Tax
• Keen to continuously learn, develop and improve professionally and personally
• Detail oriented person with a good business understanding
• The company believes in a work hard, play hard model. The ideal candidate will need to be willing to work long hours alongside the Controller where needed and take initiative to head off issues before these arise
• Be able to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure
• Previous experience with an ERP system would be advantageous
• Working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite Word, Excel, Power Point to at least intermediate/advance stage
• Professional Demeanor
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Leverage Technology to Develop and Enhance Personal Competencies
• Process Oriented
• Demonstrates good judgment
• Good communication skills
• Reliability and ability to meet deadline
- Environment conscious.
The successful candidate must be fluent in English both written and spoken.
Only candidates with the right to live and work in Mauritius may apply.