regional lead engineer - telco
more than 60 days ago
• Document and publish SOWs and other deployment documents for Implementations Teams.
• Provide escalation services for Implementation Teams.
• Review and standardize new and existing technologies and their deployment modes.
• Review non-standard solutions with custom engineering to bridge customer requirements with deployable solutions.
• Trend non-standard solutions and develop new products and implementation standards from trends.
• Provide assistance to principal team members attempting to solve complex solutions beyond the scope and timeline of standard implementations
• Work with team members researching technologies to improve existing and new product lines.
• Work with vendors to standardize and stay current with software across various platforms.
• Publish maintenance plans and coordinate with operations the roll out of updated software across the various platforms.
• Familiarize self with various technologies such as: networking IP routing, Ethernet switching, MPLS, security firewalls, DDOS detection and mitigation, and application intelligence Subscriber management, Deep Packet Inspection, application delivery controllers, Content Caching, TCP acceleration, VoIP session border controllers, OSS systems planning and optimization, NMS, application specific monitoring.
• Requires a range of skills within a professional discipline and general knowledge of other areas, and has a proven track record for support and design. Demands familiarity of principles, theories, concepts, as well as applied knowledge of established procedures, policies and practices.
• Receives general guidance for the accomplishment of short to medium term goals and operating objectives. Plans and executes own work.
• Provides resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems. Analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Is able to work independently or as a member of a highly skilled technical team typically involved in one large and/or complex project at a time – original concept through to final implementation.
• Uses professional concepts and company policies and procedures to solve a wide range of complex problems in creative and practical ways makes recommendations that aid in the successful completion of initiatives within a functional area. - All rights reserved
• 7-10 years of Telcoms or IP Networking experience or equivalent work experience.
• Expertise in network technologies including OSPF, BGP, ISIS, MPLS, IPv4, IPv6, Cisco ASA firewalls, and local/global load balancers/ADCs.
• Expertise with Data Center topologies/technologies, switching fabrics
• Expertise in troubleshooting using packet capture analysis, reviewing logs
• Network/Compute deployment automation experience is a plus
• Software and hardware installation, data backup/recovery, security administration and performance applications of network infrastructures
• Functional knowledge Windows and Linux operating systems
• Experience with IPv4 and IPv6 network design and implementation
• Experience supporting commercial, 24x7, customer-facing and revenue generating systems
• Experience with vendor management
• Solid demonstrated technical and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Bachelors Degree preferred
• Related vendor certifications preferred see below
Areas of Specialisation/Certification some or all preferable:
• Cisco Systems CCNP
• Juniper JNCIS/JNCIP
• Packet Design
• Self-Starter – not need to be micro-managed
• Sales Ability – conduct technical selling to customers
• Team Player – can work as a member of a broader remote team
• English – speaking, reading and writing
• French – speaking, reading and writing would be advantageous
• Travel – is prepared to travel to support opcos in other countries in Africa
• 50 of time will be working from Grand Bay offices, 50 will be onsite and/or remote
Candidates must live in Mauritius and must be eligible to work here.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, in English and with a cover letter, to (use the button)