more than 60 days ago
The Payroll Officer is accountable to the Financial Controller and indirectly to the Human Resources Manager for the provision of accurate, timely and efficient payroll services to all employees for complex payroll calculations and transactions. The Payroll Officer is required to assist in the timely preparation of payroll related data, statistics, and other reports for the Human Resource Department and ensure compliance of payroll related matters.
Performing Payroll Accountabilities
• Support with the capturing and reviewing of Time and Attendance data as may be required by payroll
• End to end processing of selected weekly, fortnightly and monthly payrolls.
• On-going maintenance of payroll system and leave planning system if applicable.
• Updating and maintaining payroll records.
• Liaising with staff and management on payroll related queries.
• Maintaining leave, sickness and overtime reports.
• Interpreting awards/agreements and contracts in relation to overtime, shift allowances etc.
• Undertaking required reporting, both internal and statutory reporting.
• Payroll administration –filing, setting up new starters.
• Calculation and payment of termination payments.
• Processing increases and calculation of back pays.
• Assisting with month end consolidation.
• Assisting with reconciliation and payment of payroll and tax.
• Reconciling payroll related GL accounts.
• Calculating annual leave and SL provisions/accrual
• Submit workforce analytics as requested by the Human Resources team
• Roll out any projects as the Finance and/or Human Resources departments as may be required by Management
• Support in other Finance or Human Resources responsibilities as may be required by Management
• Perform any other cognate duties as may be assigned by Management.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mauritius.
Fluency in English both written and spoken is essential.