it desktop technician & engineer
more than 60 days ago
The Key Purpose of the role is:
To implement and support all software and hardware incidents, changes and requests for all Business Units
Responsibilities include, but are limited to:
• Managing relationships with all Company Users, Business Unit Department Personnel, Customers and Suppliers
• Assist and help with all IT issues with a positive attitude
• Promote IT within the Business
• Take full responsibility for new or used Laptops, Desktops and Screens etc.
• Maintain the IT Stock room
• Install and support Windows Desktop packages including anti-virus and mail on all machines
• Assist with maintaining, upgrading and supporting the network and server room
• Build and support desktop- and laptop computers
• Prepare and maintain installation guides
• Provide Technical support and resolving calls outside of regular working hours
• Assist with troubleshooting, investigating and repairing any server problem ASAP e. g. mails, connection issues, etc.
• Provide basic training to users on operating Systems- and Desktop Packages e. g. Office/Windows
• Advise management of new capabilities and features of Software and/or Hardware used on a daily basis throughout the company, whether or not it is used by IT or normal users
• Handle all IT Support calls that are logged on Help Desk System Provide all Users with accurate IT and cell phone data, to enable the deliverance of accurate information and high quality service
Key requirements include:
• IT degree/diploma covering networking, software and hardware, MCSE or related qualification essential
• Must have a thorough understanding of all Microsoft applications, from both the supporting and functional point of views
• Mobile device support experience preferred. iPad, Android, BlackBerry BISBES, Exchange Active sync, etc.
• Minimum 2 - 3 years experience in all Microsoft desktop operating systems, network protocols, and connectivity
• Must have working experience with all desktop related hardware and Microsoft software platforms
• Previous experience with asset management and Call logging tools a preferred skill
• Must have Windows 8.1, MS Office, MS Outlook and Exchange experience
• Own transport with a valid driver’s license
The successful candidate must be Mauritian or eligible to work in Mauritius.
If you meet the above criteria, please send you CV and motivation letter, in English, to (use the button)