hotel director of sales
Riviere du Rempart
more than 60 days ago
• Assist Director of Sales & Marketing in overseeing and directing of all aspects of the Sales and Marketing activities. Responsibilities include overseeing the planning and development of promotional strategies and marketing plans oversee and assist with the development and implementation of the sales and marketing plan management of the sales and reporting on effectiveness of the plan. Responsibilities also require direct and routine interaction with Regional Sales and Marketing office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in production of the Annual Revenue Plan, Marketing Budgets and Forecasts
• Produce Action Plan related to the Revenue Plan to ensure Revenue Plan objectives are achieved
• Provides a professional, advisory support service to the Director of Sales & Marketing
• Coordinate all methods of maintaining and increasing business volume. This includes advertising, sales promotion, personal selling, publicity, community relations, special sales projects, etc.
• Create and implement special programs to achieve greater profitability through:
• Increasing average rate
• Increasing overall occupancy
• Increasing business volume during off-peak periods
• Increasing local Food & Beverage and Banquet Sales
• Procure new and repeat business for the hotel by maintaining contact with Travel Agencies, DMCs, Corporate and Government organizations
• Review regularly activity reports of Sales personnel to ensure targets and Sales objectives are being met
• Interacts with individuals outside the hotel, including, but not limited to clients, Convention Bureaus, local Hotel Associations, Government Tourist offices, Airlines, Travel Agents, Tour Operators, competitors and other members of the local community
• Investigate potential markets by:
• Reviewing Sales Department and Front Office correspondence files
• Analyzing guest history and registration card files
• Studying guest questionnaires
• Reviewing government statistics on visitors to the destination
• Analyzing competitions sales/promotion efforts
• Studying various reference and industry publications for sales leads
• Conduct market research
• Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
• Good Communication and writing skills in English & French, additional language will be advantage
• Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or related field.
• 2 years of relevant experience as Director of Sales or Assistant Director of Sales in 5 hotel, preferable resort
Expatriate applications will be accepted.