1. Monthly processing and reconciling of accounts for both creditors and debtors on Pastel. This will include identifying wrong postings and correcting them, comparing the actual expenses to date with budget and accurately determine the level of accrual needed monthly.
2. Reconciliation and checking of base float expenses.
3. Reconciliation and checking of intercompany transfer accounts.
4. Assisting with the monthly compiling of Management Accounts
5. Keep up to date sub ledgers and be able to answer any questions regarding these.
6. Have regular dialogue with the Finance team in Mauritius and South Africa and other group companies where necessary.
7. Keep up to date monthly reconciliation of assigned balance sheet codes.
8. Adhoc projects as required to support the finance team and the business in meeting its deadlines and achieving its objectives e.g. Produce Statutory Accounts.
- CIMA Operational level or ACCA level 1
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience
- Fluent in English written & spoken
- Solid financial accounting experience month end, balance sheet, reconciliations.
- Good technical accounting knowledge
- Strong Excel skills, excellent attention to detail, task focused and excellent problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Pastel or other accounting software would be an advantage
- Proactive, uses initiative to solve problems
- Ability to challenge the status quo to streamline processes and develop best practices in the department.
The ideal candidate should be based in and around Ebene, Mauritius.
Please send your applications to Send CV using sarika.maharaj @ air-tecm.com on or before the 13 July 2016
Due to the number of applications we receive only short listed candidates will be contacted, if you do not hear from us 2 weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.