accounts receivable clerk
more than 60 days ago
An accounts receivable administrator or clerk is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of accounts receivable. This position will be responsible providing support with all aspects of credit control / accounts receivable including payment collections, chasing, accurately raising and submitting sales invoices and credit notes and ensuring all queries raised are dealt with promptly and professionally.
This role will be an important part of the finance team and will use your attention to detail, multi-tasking and organization skill. Individual should also have strong communication, work ethic and analytical skills. In addition an unwavering attention to detail, follow-up skills and working in a team environment as well as individually are essential.
• Perform the day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure the financials are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
o Set up details of sales contracts on the system
o Prepare, verify, and process invoices and credit notes on the system
o Build solid relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
o Ensure that the processes and controls in place are maintained and complied with, including proposing improvements to the Financial Controller as deemed appropriate
o Ensure aged debt remains within agreed targets
o Proactively contact clients to ensure invoices have been received and are ready for payment
o Circulate regular client statement of accounts and dunning letters where required
o Produce regular updates to internal colleagues regarding aged or disputed debt and follow up on progress
o Proactively resolve queries relating to accounts receivable items to avoid payment delay
o Ensure cash received from clients is correctly recorded
o Monitor unbilled revenue for clients and chase missing information to enable timely invoicing
o Maintain listing of accounts receivable on an ongoing basis
o Maintain and reconcile the debtors ledger to the general ledger
o Maintain updated customer files
o To assist with the preparation of cash forecasts
o Prepare management reports on a regular basis as requested
o Provide cover to Accounts Payable in the event of absence
• Partly Qualified ACCA or completed CAT
• At least 1-2 years work experience
• Audit experience in a large financial firm and experience in the construction industry would be preferable but not essential.
• Knowledge of Mauritian laws and regulations surrounding taxes more specifically VAT, TDS, PAYE, Corporate Tax.
• Keen to continuously learn, develop and improve professionally and personally
• Detail oriented person with a good business understanding
• Be able to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure
• Previous experience with an ERP system would be advantageous
• Working knowledge of the full Microsoft Office suite Word, Excel, Power Point to at least intermediate stage
• Protects organizations value by keeping information confidential.
• organizing and prioritizing
• attention to detail and accuracy
• good judgment
• communication skills
• information management skills
• problem-solving skills
• team work
• ability to meet deadline
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Mauritius.
Fluency in English both written and spoken is essential.